Wooden floors can be a beautiful addition to any property, but most people prefer carpeting their homes. Whether in a bedroom or a living room; you can put carpet in any area inside the home. There are many advantages of home carpeting, but carpeting also requires more cleaning and care. Carpet spills will leave permanent stains, and walking on carpets with dirty shoes can leave lasting marks.
Essentially, there are two ways to effectively clean carpet; you can wash it with water and soap or you can dry clean it with chemicals and use less moisture. Carpet Cleaning Coquitlam with water can be difficult, as it will require 4-5 days to soak and dry in the direct sunlight. This is why most people prefer dry carpet cleaning. This method doesn’t require any water or other liquids, but the carpet is washed with a small amount of chemicals. Even if there is some moisture involved, it doesn’t take more than few hours to soak, which means you can have the carpet cleaned and placed back inside that very day.
The Top Advantages of Dry Carpet Cleaning
- Little Drying Time: The most common reason why people choose dry carpet cleaning is that this method doesn’t require you to wait for a week before placing the carpet back in its proper room. With this cleaning approach, you can get your cleaned carpet back on the same day, usually within few hours. There are many techniques used in this cleaning method. While some use moisture, in most instances, on a fast-evaporating chemical is used in cleaning. This means there is no need to leave the carpet in a dry room or direct sunlight.
- It’s More Hygienic: When using water for carpet cleaning, many times the bacteria does not wash off with just water, even if soap is used. The good thing about the dry approach is that it uses chemicals and hot steam that instantly kills all the bacteria and other germs in the carpet layers. With this cleaning method, its like having a brand new carpet every time you dry clean it.
- Prevents Mold and Fungus: A potential issue with cleaning carpet with water is that no matter for how long you leave it in the sunlight, there will always be some moisture left behind inside the carpet layers. This can cause fungus and mold to start growing inside or underneath the carpet. With dry cleaning, there is no need to worry about these kinds of issues.
- It’s Ideal for Commercial Purposes: There is a big difference in residential carpets and office carpets. You can leave a living room or bedroom without carpet for few days without major issues, but when it comes to a professional environment, leaving a bare floor for several days can cause problems. With the dry approach to commercial carpet cleaning, you can order the service on weekend and before you get back in the office on Monday, the carpet is already in place and nicely cleaned and washed.
- It’s More Affordable Than Other Methods: It may be surprising to find that dry carpet cleaning is actually more affordable other cleaning methods. With dry cleaning you can save a lot in soap and other ingredients that are used in other wet cleaning methods.